Next year, I’m buying my first house. I’ve rented properties for the last 14 years and I’ve never had a landlord that allows their tenants to redecorate. As you can imagine, I’m bursting with excitement at the idea of putting my own stamp on my home.
I cannot wait to choose paint colours, put up shelves, go wallpaper shopping, change faucets etc. In fact, I’ve already created mood boards on Pinterest for my ‘dream’ home.
So, when I spotted Designer Radiator Showroom had launched a competition asking people to design their dream bathroom on Pinterest, it only made sense to enter. The prize is £250 to spend at DesignerRadiatorShowroom.co.uk. Pretty awesome, right? I knew what I wanted instantly: a bright and breezy, rustic-style bathroom with a beachy, coastal feel.
Here’s my entry:
Here are my nine must haves:
- Reclaimed wooden boards – perfect for shelves or for hanging hand towels.
- Porthole mirrors suspended from decking rope.
- Warm white or cream painted walls – not brilliant white as it’s too cold and clinical .
- Bath, toilet and sink in warm white or cream – not brilliant white (as above).
- Driftwood and shells as accents – but a small, subtle amount. Too many and it’ll look “themed”.
- An old chair painted in Annie Sloan Provence Blue for a shabby chic feel with…
- … bright blue or purple floral arrangement in a cream jug sat on top.
- A towel warmer radiator – but NOT stainless steal. Preferably creamy white.
- Wicker baskets to hide extra toilet rolls and toothpaste!